viernes, 4 de enero de 2008

CHRISTMAS AND NEW YEAR




CHRISTMAS

Well well this Christmas was of course the most strange and new, first because is the first time that I am far away from my family country and culture. First as a member of this new family we have to decorate the Juletre “Christmas tree” and what a surprise I had when I realized that the dinner for Christmas was at 6pm, (in Latin America it starts at midnight) so then we open some gifts, I got a Football and a sweeter :) . But what I was really expecting was my hug for Christmas and the toast with any drink screaming “merry christmasss…

But then I just realized that after opening the gift the celebration was over. So I was quite frustrated that I couldn’t say any word and just go to my room and try to think of another thing, this is the celebration here.

But next days were really fun since I was invited for a former student from hald “Tomas, who had the wonderful idea to invite some of his internationals friends so we celebrate in the Norwegian was and then a bit of African culture such as dances and singings, and some Latin music. That was a good idea.




NEW YEAR

Our teacher had the wonderful idea to send us to Lillehammer with Krik. That was perfect because we were going to meet new friends of our age “FINALLY”, well it was not exactly what happened. Well I can say that 89% of all youth were under 18 years old.
And well we just have to try to find some friends there and believe it or not the closest friends that we got there where those ones who don’t speak Norwegian only English, some girls from Australia, China, Brazil, Tanzania and more, well we were as the English group, hahaha
We chosen some sports to do and the sport that I can play in Norway and I have experience (experience was required) was Football, so I played inside football, that was good, we played many matches in those three days.

And when the day of the dinner arrived December 31st we had dinner at 6pm , as usually, but before of that we danced the famous Marsh….. that was first time when I danced that one. Well I got a funny girl who was not shame for speaking English and was 19 , she was called Mishel. .. After we just went to our own place, and at almost midnight we went to the top of one mountain to watch the fire works and that was a double show for me.

1 comentario:

Thor Haakon Bakke dijo...

dude. playing any soccer?